Dover Grammar School for Boys, Astor Avenue, during building
(then called the County School) c.1930s
Founded in 1904 as Dover County School, it was originally mixed - sex and occupied premises at Ladywell and at what is now the Girls' Grammar at Frith Road.
It later divided into the Boys' and Girls' Grammars.
Moving into the present building in 1932, pupils were evacuated to Ebbw Vale during the Second World War.
It celebrated its centenary in 2004, under its new headteacher Mrs Lees.
Dover Grammar School Choir visit York 1986